As early as 3am on Sunday, Childish Gambino fans waited outside Rough Trade NYC to be the very first to buy his new album, because the internet. Those who got in earliest were invited to see him perform that evening in a secret, somewhat random, loft in Manhattan.
100+ dedicated Tumblr’ers traversed two boroughs, huddled outside in the snow and huffed up six flights of stairs to what culminated in a super intimate, memorable show. In a representation of the mansion setting where he recorded the album, with projections that brought his art to life and backed by a full band, Childish Gambino presented his new music to his most passionate fans as it was meant to be discovered, IRL.
Somehow, they had already learned all the words.
Big thanks to Childish Gambino for hosting, providing the music and signing a million autographs in his room, Brian Roettinger for creating the art, Glassnote Music, Rough Trade and the incredibly chill dude who welcomed us into his home.
Photos courtesy of Laura June Kirsch.
ITS TIME FOR THE ANNUAL OMOCAT CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY!!
many good things have happened, OMOCAT has grown so much, and my life is forever changed :>
here’s a little thank you to all my followers and supporters!
1) FIRST PRIZE: 1 OMOCAT APPAREL in the size of your choice (while supplies last) new items that may be released this following week are also eligible for the prize
1) reblog the entire post to enter the giveaway! likes do not count gomen ~_~
2) you may only reblog once per day, each reblog will count as a chance toward winning! no giveaway-only blogs! i’ll be checking >:(
3) i will be choosing 3 winners randomly. i will painstakingly copy-paste each blog name in a random generator, and have the generator pick the winners for me
4) the winner will be chosen this weekend on the midnight of DECEMBER 16th. i will be sending out asks to let you know if you’ve won so please make sure your ask is open! if you do not reply within 24 hrs, i will have to choose another winner!!
5) i will provide free shipping! (yes, even international)
good luck!! once again, thank you all and happy holidays!!!!!
"Because The Internet" (For Childish Gambino) - Illustration by Sam SprattAfter illustrating Donald Glover’s Royalty series, he hit me up again to create the poster for his new album “Because The Internet”. The artwork ties directly into the narrative of his album and its screenplay (which are incredible — seriously, look and listen to this, it’s beautiful and crazy) — and while I was mostly given free reign, he handled all art direction personally.I won’t be selling the poster personally, but you can get them at the mansion parties he’s throwing — more in the near future.